In our experience, we have found that there are particular types of clients who benefit the most from our services and the way that we provide them. These are the types of clients who may have the highest likelihood of successful outcomes. As result, these are the types of clients who we enjoy working with the most. After all, it’s more fun for us when you are happy and succeed! Our best relationships are typically with those who:
- Are open to having a comprehensive and meaningful relationship with us, which typically requires sincerity, honesty, and full transparency into your financial situation;
- Are committed to developing a comprehensive financial strategy and executing on that strategy in order to pursue important goals in your life;
- Are comfortable delegating the management of their investments to us so we may manage your assets without getting permission for every trade;
- Are receptive to following a differentiated investment strategy that emphasizes risk management, the use of some complex solutions, and which is likely to employ illiquid investments for a portion of your portfolio;
- Are able to resist the temptation to keep-up-with-the-Joneses and their investments, and ignore the mainstream media when making investment and financial planning decisions; and who
- Appreciate the benefits of a financial advisory relationship that aims to minimize conflicts of interest by eliminating commissions and are comfortable paying an ongoing fee for professional financial planning and investment advice.
While these attributes are not exclusive to any profession or demographic, we have found particular success helping Small Business Owners, Corporate Executives, Retirees and Pre-Retirees, Retirement Plan Sponsors and other Financial Advisors.
Small Business Owners
Nowadays everyone is busy, but small business owners are some of the busiest people we know. Too often, the demands of running a business leave no time for your personal and family’s finances. We understand this and strive to help your finances get the attention they need so you can cross that off your list of things to worry about.
Stock Options, RSUs, Non-qualified deferred compensation plans. 60+ hour work weeks. Frequent business travel. Corporate Executives often have unique benefit packages that require careful analysis to take full advantage of. Yet they have little time or the expertise needed to make these important decisions. Our experience providing planning to senior executives can help you make sense of it all so you can spend time on your career and your family, while taking advantage of the unique opportunities available to you.
Retirees and Pre-Retirees
Life used to be simple; only a few decades ago families were more likely to live comfortably on one income, stay in the same house for a long time, and their retirement would be funded by a secure pension. Not anymore. Nearly every family nowadays has enough uncertainty and moving financial parts that they would benefit from a structured financial planning process and integrated investment management.
Corporate Retirement Plan Sponsors
With the near demise of traditional “defined benefit” pension plans, employer sponsored plans such as 401ks are now a critical pillar in most American’s retirement savings strategies. As a result, they are now a critical benefit feature that companies need to get right. Designing, implementing, and managing these plans requires expertise. We help companies sponsor effective retirement plans that help attract and retain employees.
One of our distinguishing services is our sophisticated investment management process which utilizes both strategic and tactical risk management techniques, and which often includes exposures to complex alternative investments. Many of the alternative investments that we employ are somewhat exclusive – limited to a relatively small number of independent investment firms. We work with a select group of unaffiliated Financial Advisors who recognize the potential benefits of our investment process and refer their clients to us for portfolio management services.